Originally I thought I would look back on my life over the years and think of 10 epic times. However, the instances of kindness that started popping up in my mind occurred in the last 2 months.
Why the last 2 months?
I’m not gonna lie. They have been hard. Not “I’m homeless and I have no job” hard. That’s a level of hardness I can’t even comprehend. No, the last 2 months have been hard in a First World problems kind of way.
The kids went back to school and I was faced with worrying about them socially and academically as well as the stress of a hectic schedule again.
A month ago my beloved kitty died. I’m still more affected by that than I thought I would be.
Plus, there were the usual stressors at work and the rejection of my writing by online magazines. Ouch.
But, then, as I thought about it, I have been encouraged and comforted by many kind things that have happened to me recently. For these 10 times I am truly grateful:
- When family, friends, and readers reached out to console me about my cat.
- When my eight-year-old daughter made me a present and wrote me a note to cheer me up about losing our cat:
- When my son’s teacher sent me email just to tell me what a kind, caring soul he thought my son was.
- When I shared that teacher email with a friend who genuinely shared my joy.
- When a friend watched my daughter before school so I could leave for work on time while my husband was out of town.
- When a blogging buddy (thanks Kelly L McKenzie!) helped me edit a piece that DID get published.
- When readers (like you!) and bloggers (like you!) commented and/or shared my posts.
- When another parent on my son’s hockey team brought him home from an away game because I was busy with his little sister at her game and my husband was out of town.
- When friends showed up at a community play my daughter and I participated in simply to support us.
- When my kids or my husband gave me a hug, just because they love me.
Thank you to all who showed me kindness!
When did someone show you kindness recently? Kindness is infectious and it makes me happy to hear about it.