How did THAT happen? Suddenly it’s August and the dog days of summer.
I feel like summer just began, yet I’ve seen friends in Arizona already go back to school. Yikes!
Meanwhile, here in Michigan, we won’t return to school until after Labor Day. That means I still have a few weeks left to enjoy the hottest time of year.
And I will soak up every minute of the warm temps and sunshine. Last year I think it snowed on Halloween so I’ll take all the heat Mother Nature can throw at me!
Here are 5 things I’m loving about this summer. These 5 things pretty much work for every summer in my book.
- Ice Cream. I think calories from ice cream don’t count in the summer. That should be a law of the universe for sure.
- Vacation. This summer our family explored the Pacific Northwest. I loved taking my kids to the Pacific Ocean for the first time. And what’s not to love about vacation? Well, okay, maybe the bills.
- Fairs. We visited the 4H fair last week. It’s fun to see all the different animals, like lambs and pigs. It’s also interesting as the youngsters who show their animals at the fair educate us about them. We are suburbanites after all. Did you know llamas have a life span of 20 years?
- Relaxation. Hanging around. Watching TV. Sleeping in. Baking a blueberry pie on a summer afternoon. Ahhh…
- Being outside. In the summer, we go fishing. We ride our bikes. I sit on my deck and drink a beer. It’s all good and things that, sadly, I can’t do in January in Michigan. Well, I guess I could go ice fishing in January but me thinks that doesn’t sound as enjoyable as going fishing in the summer.
I could blather on about everything I am loving about summer, but what about you? What are you loving about summer this year?