When I was pregnant with my second child I already had all the big necessities: car seat, stroller, crib, etc. But there were still plenty of gifts I appreciated receiving as a second-time mom. Here’s my list of the best gifts for second-time moms (or third, fourth, fifth, etc.!):
1. Diaper cakes. Who doesn’t need diapers? (Okay, okay, I know the cloth diaper movement has really taken off since the last time I was pregnant, but I still think every mom can use diapers.) And diaper cakes are usually filled with useful items like diaper cream, too.
2. Clothes. My first child was a boy born in the summer. My second child was a girl born in the winter. New clothes were very much appreciated because pretty much the only thing I could pass down from my first to my second child were white socks!
3. Baby/Memory book. Every baby should have their own baby book. Can you imagine if I made one for my son, but not my daughter? “I’m sorry, honey, but you were the second child and people either didn’t know what to get me or felt very strongly that you don’t have showers for second babies.” My daughter turned out feisty, too, so that conversation would not have gone over well.
4. Clothes hamper. I’m lucky enough that my kids have their own rooms. And because they have their own rooms, I’m lucky enough that they each have their own clothes hampers. I remember my mom swooning when I brought home a cute, pink hamper for my daughter’s nursery. Who’d known that a hamper could induce such happiness?
5. WipesWraps. If these had been around when my kids were little, I totally would have picked out different patterns and colors for each baby. They’re cute and fun.
I hope these baby shower gift ideas for second-time moms are useful. Did you have a shower for your second or third child? What was the best or most useful thing you received?
If you liked this baby shower post, then you may like these posts, too!