“I’m so glad he still enjoys it!” enthused a friend on Facebook, commenting on a picture of my teen at Disney World. I had just posted our family’s pictures from our annual trip.
Her comment made me curious. “Why wouldn’t he enjoy Disney World?” I thought.
Perhaps folks who don’t go to Disney World as often as we do might think that Mickey and friends are geared towards youngsters. But this couldn’t be further from the truth.
Disney World is fun for all ages, and especially for teens. Here are 10 reasons why Disney World is Tops for teens, aka the big kids:
1. Disney World brings out the little kid in teens. Whether they are genuinely enjoying a ride, letting down their cool teen facade, or smiling with glee to meet Buzz Lightyear or Stitch, Disney World makes teens happy.
2. Teens get so happy at Disney World that they become affectionate with their parents (gasp!). My teen will actually hug me at Disney World in public and not think a thing of it.
3. Disney World “made you look”. Now, I don’t know if your teen has ever gone through this phase, but mine did at Disney World. And he was thrilled to try and sneak it into every picture. What is it you ask? I truly have no clue. But if someone looks at the circle he makes with his hand below the waist, he can punch you and wipe it off. Whatever.
4. They have plentiful WiFi at Disney World, whether in the parks or at the resorts. This makes all teens happy.
5. There are other teens, too, many of whom are cute or attractive. One of our favorite family memories will be from this year’s visit to Disney World when we stayed at the Boardwalk Resort. My husband bet my son $20 to swim up to some girls at the pool, jump up and say, “Hello ladies!” He did it, we all laughed and laughed, and he was $20 richer.
6. The food at Disney World is delicious. Teens love to eat, and thankfully, Disney World has plenty of tasty offerings!
7. The rides are for all ages. So what is he doesn’t want to ride Peter Pan anymore? I’ll stand in line with him to ride Big Thunder Mountain again and again. Just don’t make me go on Space Mountain.
8. There are lots of shops. Lots. And it is at least fun to look, even if you don’t want to spend $50 on a t-shirt.
9. Pin trading is interesting for all ages. My teen loves to look at cast members’ pins and trade for a cool or unique find.
10. And the 10th reason why Disney World is tops for teens? Mickey Mouse. That dude is cool. And he’s kind of everywhere, because, you know, it’s Disney World.
So don’t be surprised the next time you see a teen having a great time at the Happiest Place on Earth. From WiFi to rides, Disney World is tops for teens.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to try making reservations to dine at Be Our Guest during our next visit in 2019. Fingers crossed!