It’s that time of year again: Disney time!
Every winter my family escapes Michigan’s brutal winter to spend a few days frolicking with Mickey Mouse in the Florida sunshine. And every trip to Disney inevitably produces an epic fail (as my 10yo would say) when it comes to vacation memories and happiness.
Here’s a quick re-cap of some of our epic Disney fails.
1. My husband and I both got food poisoning from the turkey legs in Magic Kingdom. Thankfully, our symptoms struck us about 6 hours apart, allowing the healthy/recovering parent to hold our 7-month-old while the sick parent endured less than desirable food poisoning symptoms!
2. When my son was a toddler, I had to pull him out of the fountain near Cinderella’s castle because he was pocketing the change from it.
3. Last year we tried Fantasia mini-golf for the first time. It was fantastic as this picture attests:
4. Last week you saw what happened when I introduced my daughter to Winnie the Pooh.
5. And then there was the Disney day that will live in infamy. That’s right, the time we saw a hawk swoop down and pluck innocent, sweet little ducklings from the Disney pool and rip them to shreds for lunch in the gutter by our room. The extended version of this sordid story, complete with pictures, can be found here.
But as anyone who’s been to Disney can attest, the magic makes up for the bad times, the expense, the lines, the expense, the walking, and the expense, right? Right?
Any good or bad Disney memories you care to share?