Moms, if you are in the thick of things with sleepless nights, crying tots, poopy diapers, kids who can’t make friends, kids who bully their friends, a body that’s changed, a mind that’s losing it, or a million other things that affect you once you become a mother, then take heart.
One Mother’s Day you might receive a letter so sweet and kind that it makes it all worth it and then some.
I’m sharing such a letter I received this Mother’s Day from my daughter, 9. It touched my heart and I’m immortalizing it here on my blog so I can come back and look at it when she’s a teen and she tells me she hates me!
I did not correct her grammar so all errors are from the heart and don’t matter anyway.
Happy Mother’s Day!
I love you and wish you the best Mother’s Day ever! Here is 10 things that is great about you.
- You are always so happy and, almost always, I mean always smiling!
- You always give me ideas when I’m bored.
- When I finish a drawing or do something really good you always compliment it.
- You take me to fun places and say “Just have fun!”
- You’re just really really great.
- You encourage me all the time.
- You always tell me to pray when life gets hard.
- You’re caring, kind, encouraging, happy, helpful, fun and heart warming.
- When you feel sad you always look to God and just learn to let it go.
- YOU ARE AWESOME!
Now you know some of the reasons that you are the best mom ever. A lot of moms get cards, but this one goes to the BEST!
I’m calling it right now. Best Mother’s Day letter I’ll ever receive. I’ve put it here on the blog and the original is in my treasure box. Thank you for humoring me and letting me share it with you.
How was your Mother’s Day? What is the best gift you’ve ever received?