Shhh. I have some modern day mom confessions to make.
I have realized after hours of scrolling my Facebook feeds (no judgment) that one of these things is not like the others.
That’s right. I’m an aberration to the Mama Nation.
My Modern Day Mom Confessions
- I don’t belong to Costco or Sam’s Club. I tried a Costco membership once and felt like I just bought stuff–and bigger sizes of stuff–that I didn’t need.
- The Gilmore Girls reunion does not interest me. That’s because I stopped watching Gilmore Girls after Rory and Dean broke up and she started dating Milo Ventimiglia’s character. I didn’t like that little punk. Yes, I think this was over a decade ago.
- Speaking of Milo Ventimiglia, he’s on that new show, This is Us. I watched the first two episodes and it’s well-made. Still, I just can’t continue watching. It comes on at 10 pm (zzzz) and is a drama (zzzz).
- I also tried watching Parenthood online because everyone raved about that show. But I stopped. I think I made it halfway through season 2 before I admitted to myself that the story line was moving as slow as molasses.
- I drink wine, but I also like beer. You don’t see a lot of memes about beer, though. Maybe on the daddy blog websites?
- I don’t live in yoga pants. I’m not even sure I have a pair. I think I bought some stretchy pants from Lands End that are athletic yoga-esque pants. But they are boot cut, so I don’t believe they count.
- I’ve never read a Harry Potter book. My kids haven’t expressed interest, either, even the one who likes to read.
Now that you have heard my deep, dark modern day mom confessions, perhaps you are itching to share your own. Do tell me something about yourself that goes counter to what every other mom, at least on Facebook, seems to be doing.