There are a lot of pregnant women around me these days. Friends, neighbors, and extended family members are ready to pop! I know the gender of some of these forthcoming bundles of joy, and even the name of one.
It got me thinking about my own kids and the fun/crazy/cranky process of picking out their names. In the end, my husband and I both had to like their names and the names had to have some meaning to us. (For those of you new around here, their names are Will and Sydney.) I won’t bore you with the details, but I will say that it was EASY agreeing what NOT to name our kids.
Here are names that my husband and I would never name our kids. Most are imprinted on our brains from watching horror movies, while others are celebrity baby names that make me go “hmmm”:
1. Malachi (I may jokingly refer to my kids as “Children of the Corn”, but that doesn’t mean I want them named after the Children of the Corn!)
2. Damian (Helloooo, The Omen)
3. Chucky (Helloooo, Child’s Play)
4. Moxie Crimefighter (daughter of Penn, of Penn and Teller fame)
5. Apple (That one’s all yours, Gwyneth)
6. Blue Ivy (daughter of Beyoncé and Jay Z)
7. Bear Blu (Alicia Silverstone’s son)
Note: What happens if #6 Blue Ivy and #7 Bear Blu get married someday? Is their kid going to be named Blue Blu?
8. Moon Unit (the girl who sang that Valley Girl song in the 80s)
Now it’s your turn.
Help me make this a Top 10 list!
What are 2 more names that should make this list?