In my school district, the schools close down for 2 weeks around Christmas and New Year’s. While this is nice for the kids and hopefully allows the teachers to recharge their batteries, it’s just a little too long for me.
Here are the telltale signs that Winter Break needs to be over:
1. My 9-year-old won’t stop shooting the cat with the Nerf gun.
2. My 6-year-old won’t stop trying to protect the cat from her brother and keeps threatening to fill his bed with cat turds.
3. There are literally no more printable coloring pages left for me to print for my daughter.
4. There is literally no space left in my house to hang the printable coloring pages decorated by my daughter.
5. Jammies have become acceptable attire until noon.
6. I have heard the Club Penguin theme song ad nauseam. And I can discuss Puffles like it’s nobody’s business.
7. I keep picking at the giant, edible Rice Krispy treat snowman that’s been on the kitchen counter for 3 days. Just say no, Katy! Just say no!
8. We’ve done Christmas, New Year’s, ice skating, sledding, hot cocoa, movie watching, cuddling, etc.
It’s time, folks.
It’s really time to start planning what we’ll do over the long holiday weekends coming up in January and February. Plus, before you know it, spring break will be here.
Are your kids back at school? If they’re little, how’s it going being indoors this winter?