Did my mention of The Squid Game capture your attention? Or was it the lure of learning who are my internet crushes?
In any case, welcome to my blog post!
I’m currently watching The Squid Game after hearing about it from my fourteen year old as well as the pop culture shows I like to watch.
I am finding it quite interesting.
Violent. And weird. Yet oddly watchable. Sort of like The Hunger Games meets Survivor played in Seoul, South Korea is the best way I could draw a comparison.
I’m not finished yet, so I can’t talk too much. Although I’ve been warned Episode 6 is a doozy.
Anyway, on to my internet crushes!
My first internet crush: Keoni Tamayo
Since I work at home and I live in Michigan (helloooooo winter!), these videos are a lifesaver when I need to squeeze in 5 or 10 minutes of movement while on the clock. Or longer videos after work without a drive to the gym or a gym membership.
I stumbled on Keoni’s Reps to the Rhythm channel and I’m hooked!
- He has a great smile. His smile makes me smile.
- He exercises with cats afoot! Seriously there are always cats running around his apartment. It’s both cute and fun to watch him try not to step on them (he doesn’t.)
- He often walks with his mom and she’s adorable, too. It’s infectious to watch both of them beaming from ear to ear while getting in my steps.
My second internet crush: The Makeover Guy
I can’t recall how I found The Makeover Guy, aka Christopher Hopkins. I suspect it must have been some algorithm factoring in “midlife lady” that landed me there.
Basically, Christopher and his team give makeovers. Like a million other people give makeovers. So why is The Makeover Guy special?
- His clientele is older ladies (like me!). I love it that this channel is dedicated to helping ladies in their 50s, 60s, and 70s feel beautiful again.
- He does good work. I’d say 9/10 makeovers are fabulous.
- The videos are usually quick, ranging from a couple to less than 10 minutes. Thank you, Christopher, for cutting to the chase and just getting right to the good part!
- If you read the comments, it gives me faith in humanity. The comments are from women all over the world and they are 99.9% positive and uplifting. It always makes me smile how supportive his community is.
There you have it, my internet crushes and a shout-out to The Squid Game.
What are you streaming or crushing on these days?