We had a great time on our recent vacation to Disney World. Five days filled with walking, riding, eating, and more! When you take a family of four to Disney World, there will always be memorable moments. Here are the Top 10 Highlights of our trip to Disney World:
1. As I mentioned in a previous post, after checking into our room at Animal Kingdom Lodge, my husband innocently told the kids to look for “hidden Mickeys” in the room. So they scoured the wallpaper and found something lewd instead!
2. Overall, we loved the comfort and beauty of the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We saw lots of cool animals on the savannah surrounding the Lodge and there were night vision goggles for viewing the animals in the dark. Plus, we met some friendly zookeepers who shared their knowledge of the animals with us.
3. My daughter, 8, made us smile as she kept calling the Maelstrom ride that used to be at Norway the “Nordstrom” ride.
I actually think I would like a “Nordstrom” ride!
4. She fell asleep at dinner in the Magic Kingdom the first night. After all, we had gotten up at 4:30 am to catch our plane. In my mama bear state, I carried her out of the park and boarded the Animal Kingdom bus, not the Animal Kingdom ***Lodge*** bus.
Hmm. Despite their similar names, they are NOT within walking distance of one another! Here’s a big shout out to Carlos the bus driver who kindly took me and my daughter to the Lodge on his own volition.
5. While I was having my bus adventure, my husband and son had stayed behind to ride some more rides. Only they didn’t! Turns out they got stuck on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. I guess the boat they were riding in was, ahem, overloaded and it bottomed out. Cast members wearing waders came out to help, which consisted of telling the passengers to wave their hands back and forth in order to rock the boat free. My husband just laughed. 45 minutes and a walk across the plank (ha ha — pirate humor!) later, they were kicked out with nary so much as a Fast Pass or apology to make up for the inconvenience. Forgive and forget, right?
6. I love this picture of my kids with Piglet because (drumroll!) Piglet made my tween smile:
7. Merida made my daughter smile:
8. Merida did NOT make my tween smile:
9. But going on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride made us all smile.
10. And, so did Goofy:
There they are, the Top 10 Highlights of our Disney World trip. Are you a Disney fan? Are you planning at trip? What’s your favorite thing to do at Disney?