There are many well-known benefits of being a working mom: the mental stimulation of the workplace, financial independence, etc.
But there are unexpected perks, too. Take for instance the other day when I was standing in my kitchen surrounded by walls teeming with my children’s artwork. Suddenly, I realized that I had three whole office walls with room available to hang new artwork! And so my list of the unexpected perks of being a working mom was born:
2. You have coworkers who can buy the candy/gift wrap/pizza/popcorn/cookies that you sell for your children’s fundraisers.
3. You have coworkers who have “been there, done that” when it comes to parenting. And they survived to tell the tale!
4. You can pee without someone banging on the door wondering where you are.
5. You might have an uninterrupted thought at work.
6. You only have to buy food for yourself at the cafeteria AND no one will beg you for candy or gum in the cafeteria’s checkout line.
See? Quite a few unexpected perks!
Is there anything you would add?
Photo courtesy stockimages/Freedigitalphotos.net.