I have reached yet another one of my cranky crescendos.
Yup, it’s time for me to complain about stuff and get it off my chest.
Without further ado, here is Part III in the scintillating blog series I like to call, “Things I Want to Complain About.”
- People who walk or jog in the road vs. people who walk or jog on the sidewalk that’s 5 feet away. What’s up with this? I also see people who walk their dogs in the road, rather than on the sidewalk, too.
- The never-ending road construction in my town. This spring, a massive overhaul of our main thoroughfare was started. This has meant delays, detours, and major inconvenience. For instance, it takes me 45 minutes to get to work instead of 30 minutes. It was supposed to wrap up after a mere six months on October 15. However, they are a month behind schedule (maybe stop chatting, boys?) and I’m tired and out of patience. Grrr.
- Free shipping that isn’t free. Most catalogs I get boast free shipping. But I have news for you (Yes, I’m talking to you Eddie Bauer): if I have to buy $99 of overpriced stuff to get free shipping, then it’s not free. Free shipping should be free if you buy anything, even socks.
- Lite rock stations that play non-stop Prince, Michael Jackson or Elton John. I’m specifically thinking of the Detroit-area station I listen to at work. There are at least 7,561 more artists with songs that qualify as lite rock. Mix it up, folks.
- One-room schoolhouse visits. My daughter is in fourth grade and visited an historic one-room schoolhouse on a field trip. This required a Little House on the Prairie-type costume and “authentic” lunch. No problem! I simply pulled an outfit from my extensive collection of prairie dresses and whipped up a delightful lunch of pork chop and hard boiled egg that I was REQUIRED to wrap in a dishtowel and send to school, just like the old days. GAH. Why is my kid’s school so much work for me?!?!
- The never-ending election season. Please make it stop.
- This incident. Ahem.
There you have it, the third installment of Things I Want to Complain About.
I’d love to hear what’s got your goat these days. Please complain, er, share below!