On the occasion of my daughter’s 11th birthday, I wanted to share the 11 things I love about my 11-year-old.
She is amazing and here’s why:
1. She writes with passion. Stories, notes, letters, you name it. This letter to me at Mother’s Day will touch my heart forever.
2. She is studious and hard-working. The girl works for and deserves her good grades!
3. She wanted to learn how to play the ukulele. And so she did! I’m about as musical as a hippopotamus, so this impresses me.
4. She is a tremendous athlete. She doesn’t believe she is, which is even better in my mind. After I spent years around my son’s teams, where EVERY SINGLE boy thinks he is the next coming of Wayne Gretzky, my daughter’s natural athleticism is refreshing.
5. She loves animals–and they love her. Being a veterinarian is on her radar. And with her studious and hard-working ways (see #2), I think this career choice could be a great fit.
6. My daughter loves her brother. Really, she admires him and thinks he’s the greatest. If only everyone could be loved in this world they way my daughter loves her brother.
7. She can crack the best jokes. Pretty smart jokes, too. Recently my husband ordered soup along with his main meal. The server brought soup, a bread plate, and his main dish to the table. “I guess he’s having the buffet,” quipped my daughter.
8. She is a true friend. I have heard over the years from parents and teachers just how good a friend she is.
9. She likes who she likes and she doesn’t like who she doesn’t like. I think this will help her in the real world as she’s not stuck in the traditionally female box of trying to get everyone to like her.
10. My daughter is a dreamer. She still believes in fairies, in Santa, and God-winks.
11. She is my only daughter, a gift from God, whom we love and cherish in our family!
Happy birthday to my 11-year-old!